Friday, December 14, 2018

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year




A very happy Christmas to all!
It is a mere 11 days until the greatest day in all the year; December the 25th!

Lately:
I hope you had a fabulous last few months. I have been a bit MIA lately, I know, but I have an excuse.
I worked in Kentucky from Oct. 5th, to December 1st. It was the best job I could have ever asked for; working for the Ararat Ridge Zoo at the Ark Encounter, which is an attraction built by the Answers in Genesis ministry. An absolutely fantastic experience.
If you're ever in Kentucky, I highly recommend visiting the Ark!
And if you live nearby, and need a job...they're one of the best places to work for as well, I think. Super nice staff, all like family!
Anyways, after leaving, Tiffany and I drove back home (with our Dad and little sister) in 55 hours without stopping for more than an hour at a time to rest. It was fantastic, driving along the Route 66, (practically. It was route 40, but they crossed paths a few times.)

But, like they say: There's no place like home!

Now Christmas is coming...it's practically here!
It doesn't exactly feel like Christmas here yet; it's been wet and warm.
But I'm hoping for a good snow on Christmas Eve, like we were blessed enough to receive last year!
But to make up for the lack of Christmassy feeling outside, my family and I have decorated the inside of the house to look ever so festive!
Now we must bake some cookies, sing carols around the piano, continue our tradition of watching nearly every Christmas Carol filmed, (We own more than half a dozen of the known films. It's fantastic. If you need a recommendation, The Muppets Christmas Carol, and the musical; Scrooge, are my personal favorites, even if they do deviate a bit much from the book...They're musicals, so how can you go wrong?) ;-)

This post is long enough, I daresay. I must go off and play more Christmas music.
A very merry 11 days until Christmas, to all!

~What are some of your Christmas traditions?~
~Which is your favorite version of A Christmas Carol?~
~Are you dreaming of a White Christmas too?~
~Did you catch the two quotes from two Christmas movies I used?~

I'd love to read your answers!

God bless!

Megan

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have been busy! I would love to visit the Ark, but it is so far away. I hope you have a great Christmas! It is snowy here like it always is ;).

    I started my blog.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great Christmas too!
      Fun! I'll check it out!

      Delete

The Sunshine Award Tag