Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Watercolors & Summertime




And here we are, on the final Tuesday of June. My my, how time flies!
I hope you have had a lovely summer thus far!

Maybe it's just me, but watercolor and summertime seem to go hand-in-hand.
Growing up, I always liked to watch the 90's British animated cartoons based on Beatrix Potter's stories, and the idea of sitting atop a green hill and painting the landscape surrunding, like Beatrix is doing at the beginning of each episode, (before retreating indoors to escape the unexpected rain storm, of course...) is something that has always seemed like a lovely way to spend a warm summer afternoon...
Here, in case you haven't seen it, this is the 3 minute clip of the intro. ☺

 
Gosh, this clip is making me feel rather nostalgic...makes me feel old...
Is it alright if I curl up into a ball and wish that I was 5 again?
*Ahem*
Anyway! Speaking of watercolors, here are a few of my paintings I have recently done:
1920s

1916


1908

1890s

Sorry for the badly taken pictures.
I hope to paint a complete set of fashion paintings ranging from 1810 to maybe 1960. What do you think of the plan?

~ Would you like to see the entire collection if I complete it? ~
~ What year would you most like to see? ~
~ Which of these costumes do you like the best? ~

Leave a comment! I'd love to chat!

God bless!

Megan

9 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! I love the blue one. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~I would love to see the whole collection!
    ~1950!
    ~I like the 1908 costume best!
    Good job on these!
    Mary<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary!
      I guess I should get busy painting more then! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I like them all, but the 1920's is my favorite. ;)
    I'd like to see a 1810!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 1890's is my favorite, so pretty!
    I'd love to see a 1860's!
    Good job Megs, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kai!
      Ah yes, the 1860s. I'm excited to try that one. :-)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ah! Just saw this.
      Thank you, Stephanie! ^_^

      Delete

The Sunshine Award Tag