Wednesday, October 30, 2019

NaNoWriMo 20 Questions Tag!



Rules

  1. Thank the awesome blogger who tagged you!
  2. Link back to the creator of this tag, Sophie @Sophie’s Corner
  3. Feel free to use the NaNoWriMo 20 Questions Tag graphics!
  4. Answer the questions.
  5. Tag some friends who are also doing NaNo this year.
  6. And have fun!!!

Thanks for tagging me, Esther!
.

Tell me about your NaNoWriMo project this year! Give me a blurb!


It is the year 1897. 
An unsolved mystery dating from the early years of American independence is thought to be long forgotten.
Forgotten that is, until a determined young Oxford college student and his roommates stumble upon something that could change their lives forever.


What’s the genre?


Historical Fiction, and Mystery.



Describe your MC in three words.


Determined, loyal, clever.



Without spoilers, describe your villain in three words.


Smiling, brilliant, dastardly.



What is your goal? (the traditional 50K? 20K? 5K? or……. 100K?)


I'm hoping for the traditional 50,000, but who knows. Any word count is better than what I have at the moment. (Which is nothing. xD)



Is this your first draft? Second? Third?


First draft! I have high hopes for this one. 



Are you starting a new project (or draft), or continuing an existing one?


This is an entirely new idea I've just come up with. I'm excited to start it! 



What is your favorite time to write in the day?


Early morning before the day officially starts. 



Where are you going to write?


Probably in my bedroom, on my laptop.



Computer or paper?


Laptop, as it's much easier to write quickly. Though paper is my favorite for jotting down ideas and quotes. 



NaNoWriMo is a huge commitment!! How are you going to make time to write?


Get up earlier, skip watching tv or reading to write, and by taking a writing utensil with me everywhere; because you never know when inspiration is going to hit!



Are you going to participate in local or online NaNoWriMo events? (e.g. kick-off parties in your city, write-ins, virtual writing sprints…)


Depends. I'm not going to any real-life write-ins, though I might engage in virtual writing sprints via Mywriteclub.com. (my user name is PennyWhistlerMegs, if you'd like to join and have writing sprint wars with me!)



Do you write from beginning to end or skip around?


Beginning to end! I can't piece the puzzle together if I write different scenes that aren't in chronological order.



Planner or pantser? (or plantser?)


I'm a planster. I get the idea, and plan out the main ideas in my head, but otherwise, I never outline. I usually have the idea, and just fill in the blanks as I go. 
I occasionally write out ideas I want to add though. 



What will be your go-to NaNoWriMo snack?


Dried apples, dates, and barley cookies. (Hint hint to my favorite cookie baker!) ;)



Choice of caffeine? (or no caffeine?)


Coffee, and hot cocoa. But mostly coffee.



Any rewards for milestone achievements? For finishing NaNoWriMo?


Um, nope. Not that I know of anyway. 



Share a tip for other NaNo-ers!


Just keep writing! Word wars/spints are fantastic for upping that word count. It's fun to challenge yourself along with others for good-natured competition. 



How are you feeling about NaNoWriMo? (Excited? Nervous? Terrified?)


Definitely excited!!



Share an aesthetic for your NaNoWriMo novel!





Alright! That was a fun tag!
Now...I'm not sure how popular this tag is, so I'm not sure who has and who hasn't been tagged already...
So if you're participating in NaNoWriMo, and haven't been tagged, please snag this tag, and let me know! I'd love to read your answers!

Happy day before the day before NaNoWriMo!


God bless!

Megan

Pictures for the aesthetic were found on Google. Not mine.

3 comments:

  1. Wow it is so nice to be able to read all of these details about people's planned novels. I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading this tag! :)

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

The Sunshine Award Tag