Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Of Mysteries and Mayhem



Good evening.
I am here to talk about one of my favorite genres; Mystery.
To assist with my recommendations, I will introduce you to some of my favorite movies this week.

Movies:

Now, a bit of a disclaimer, there is quite a lot of "strong drink" consumed in the Thin Man movies.
If you want a good mystery, with just the right amount of comedy, let me introduce you to my favorite TV couple, Nick and Nora Charles! (and their loyal pooch; Asta!)


There are six movies all together starring the detective and his sidekick wife.
I enjoy these movies. The relationship between Nicky and Nora is just darling; they tease and joke, all while solving baffling murders.



Miss Marple! There are four movies starring the endearing Margaret Rutherford.
These are intriguing mysteries, but with a dash of fun and comedy.
When a seemingly innocent "little-old-lady" starts investegating the mysterious murders, nobody pays her any mind. But she is sharper than any tack, and quick witted to boot!
These movies aren't exactly perfectly true to the original books by the famed authoress Agatha Christie, but they are still quite enjoyable.


Because who says that a murder mystery can't be a hilarious comedy at the same time?
Abbot and Costello are a duo I grew up watching. 
"Who Done It?" is a story about two friends who dream of becoming radio stars. When somebody from the radio station is mysteriously killed, these two take it upon themselves to become detectives and track down the killer! Much to the dismay of the police...


Next week, I'll share some of my favorite TV shows for good mysteries.

~ Have you ever seen any of these I've mentioned? ~
~ If so, which is your favorite? ~
~ How is your January coming along so far? ~


God bless!

Megan

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any if these movies but they sound good! I have seen a few Miss Marples but not Murder She Said.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Marple is fantastic. :D
      Yes, I totally recommend the Thin Man movies. Nicky and Nora are relationship goals. xD

      Delete

The Sunshine Award Tag