Wednesday, May 22, 2019

1 Year of Blogging



Salutations!
Today is the one-year anniversary of starting Stories by Megs!
To celebrate, you are all invited to my party!

The Party:

Welcome, one and all!
Please make yourselves comfortable. The seats are plentiful, and the refreshments are refreshing.
What's that? Your glass has a chip? Oh I'm terribly sorry. I guess that one of my helpers must have tipped the glass while setting up the table.

Amy: "Must have been Josh. I was lighting the candle on the cake." 
Josh: "Oh sure, blame the innocent redhead!"
Amy: "Don't mind him.
Here you go, reader. Have some chocolate cake."


Don't fret about the tiny chip; I'm sure it's perfectly harmless, just sip from the other side. The lemonade is delicious, our resident chief made it himself.

Josh: "That would be me."


So, in celebration, I not only hired my dear characters as helpers for this party, but they're also going to be the entertainment!

We'll have several activities for your enjoyment!
1) 12 "Fun facts" about me
2) 12 "Fun facts" about my book, Trouble in Scotland
3) A rousing game of Simon Says

Aaron. "Careful there, reader. I haven't quite finished hanging the banners. You're about to bump into that sage green-"
Ivy: "I got it! You go ahead and sit down. There, it's clipped back onto the ceiling."
Aaron: "Thanks, sis. Now then! What would you readers like to do first?"



The first 12 Fun facts? Sounds reasonable, since they're the first on the list, eh?
Right then, let's see if I can even find 12 even slightly interesting things about myself...


12 Facts about Moi:

1. I have lived in only 1 state my entire life. Washington State.

2. I have moved 3 times in my life.

4. I have been to 19 States: Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, North Carolina, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona.

5. I have never left the Country.

6. I have met Ken Ham in person several times.

7. I am the tallest person in my family.

8. It's really hard to come up with these answers.

8. I have owned three horses in my life.

10. I've never lived in town, or in a city.

11. My favorite school history was/and always will be, History.

12. My favorite weather is cool, cloudy, and rainy.

13. I love English and Scottish Country Dancing, and Swing Dancing.


Whew! That was tough...

Ivy: "Megs, you made three errors in your list."

What? Where?

Ivy: "You said you'd write 12 facts. That last one is numbered 13..."
 
Ah, but did you count the numbers? I promise there are 12 facts. Though I cannot promise there are 12 numbers...

Josh: "Ohh, I get it. One of your games, huh?"

Eh, close enough.
Oh, here dear reader, let me refill your glass of lemonade.
There! Now, did you find my list extremely tiresome? Oh, well that's good.
*snores*
Josh, I know you're not asleep. You just said something not a minute ago.

Josh: "Ever hear of sleep talking?"
 
*Ahem!*
Right...next list.
This one I've printed out on sheets of paper. I'm not gonna read it out loud...

12 Fun Facts about Trouble in Scotland

1. Josh and Amy were originally in an abandoned school room when they discovered the watch.

2. Amy's name was spelled Aimee when I wrote the first draft. Pronounced: A-May.

3. Josh Peterson was Josh Lane.

4. I almost used unicorns instead of dragons in the storyline.

5. It took me three years to write the first draft. Only about one to edit, proof, and publish.

6. Aaron and Josh are named after my two most favorite baby goats. Don't let them know this one...I'd never hear the end of it.

7. It was originally set in Ireland.

8. I titled it: In Search of the Irish Prince.

9. I changed the location to Scotland, as my family heritage is strongly Scottish.

10. If you look closely at the cover, you'll see from left to right, Josh, Amy, Ivy, then Aaron.

11. The whole royal family Conchobair is actually based off a short story idea I came up with when I was younger.

12. Book 2 is already twice the length of the 1st. I hope to have it finished before the year is over.


Alright, you may put your pages down. Now that you've read them, I will come around and collect them --thank you, and now lock them up where my characters won't find them.

Aaron: "Why can't we see the facts about our own story?"

*Laughs nervously, slamming the safe door shut*
Oh, no reason. I don't want to confuse you, ya know. It's...It's a writer thing. You wouldn't understand.

All four: *suspicious looks*

Ok readers! This is getting to be a rather long post.
Would you care to join in a game of Simon Says?

Josh: "I'll be it!"

Alright, we have a volunteer.
Now stand in a circle everyone. That's it. We're all friends here, no need to be shy!

Josh: "Alright, Simon Says...Touch your nose!"
Amy: "Wow. Sooo original."
Josh: "Ah, but you touched it."
Ivy: "Ok, now what?"
Josh: "Stop touching your nose."

Aaron: *pulls finger away, put quickly replaces it.*
Josh: "Ah ha! You moved. I didn't say Simon Says. You're out!"


Oh ho, he caught you on that one, Aaron.

Josh: "Simon says...Jump!"

*thud*

Josh: "Ah, but Simon didn't say land. You're all out!"

Clever Josh, very clever...
I hope you all enjoyed yourselves! Thank you for coming to my party!

Time Travelers: "Bye! Thanks for playing! See you soon!"

Shall we do this again next year?
I believe that would be jolly.
Thank you for coming--oh? Oh yes! You all get to keep a balloon as a party-favor. Don't forget to grab one on your way out.

~ Did you enjoy my "party"?
~ Has anybody ever pulled that Simon Says trick on you before?
~ Which "book fact" did you find the most interesting?

Thanks for reading,

God bless!


Megan

6 comments:

  1. Ah, I thought the first book fact was interesting! Fun party, happy blog birthday!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hoped my facts were interesting. :)
      Thanks for joining the party!

      Delete
  2. I had fun! Thanks for inviting me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally late to this (like usual) but Happy one year!! What a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marrok!
      Ah, better late than never, I say. ;D

      Delete

The Sunshine Award Tag