Thursday, September 19, 2019

Summer Reading



Hello!

Happy end of summer, everyone!
I honestly can't believe that it's nearly autumn already...But as it's my favorite season, I can't complain. ;)

But I digress from the initial intent of this post...

In case you're interested, here is a list of the books I have read this summer!
Listed according to Author. :)

George E. Sargent:

The Story of Charles Ogilvie

This little book was beautiful. It shows you how important it is to seek, and follow God, even when others condemn or ridicule you for it.
I read this book in short order, as it isn't very long, and I enjoyed it greatly.












E.D.E.N. Southworth:

1. Ishmael or, In the Depths
 
While I haven't quite finished reading Self-Raised, I'm nearly finished, and I'll tell you, these books are AMAZING.
Book one, Ishmael, tells the story of young Ishmael Worth, and his struggles as an unloved, penniless orphan, to the height of his well-earned success in the field of law.












 

2. Self-Raised or, Out of the Depths

Book two, Self-Raised, tells the continued story of Ishmael Worth, and his adventure over seas, from Washington DC to Edinburgh, Scotland. With shipwrecks, smugglers, villians, lawsuits...this book is even more exciting than the first, and I can't wait to see how it ends! Though I'll be a bit sad when it's all over...












A.L.O.E.:

Pride and His Prisoners

Wow. A really convicting book on the many faces of Pride, and the extreme danger of it.
Told in a rather allegorical sense, it was fascinating.
Definitely a recommended read.













Ken Ham:

The LIE



A handbook for apologetics! This was an interesting, and informative read.















Gospel Reset

 "The gospel message hasn’t changed, but the way in which it needs to be presented in a secularized culture does need to change. It’s time for a Gospel Reset!" - Ken Ham
This book is a must-read, I daresay. We need to know how to relate the Gospel to the world that is ever-changing, and this book reminds us of the Foundation the Christian faith was built upon -- One we must use to tell others about our Creator and Savior.










  

Alright! I think that's it for the books I've read this summer, except of course, for the books in the Bible I've gone through, which consists of Job through Hosea thus far. (I'm following a "Read-the-Bible-in-a-year" program, which I have done for more-or-less the last ten years.)

~ What books have you read this summer? ~
~ Best book this year? ~

~ Are you excited for autumn, or are you desperately clinging to the final days of summer? ~

Thanks for reading!

God bless!

Megan

4 comments:

  1. In sure clinging to the last of summer, although I am kind of ready for things to slow down. Oh, Pride and Its Prisoners sounds good.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our summer has left us with rain and chilly days, so clinging to summer in my area is hopeless... xD
      Yes, it is good! Definitely one to check out. :D

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you with a NaNoWriMo 20 Questions tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Esther! I'll get to answering that soon! :)

      Delete

The Sunshine Award Tag